US Waiver Eligibility & Application Process

The US Waiver application process involves a lot of tedious paperwork that includes biographic information, fingerprints, proof of citizenship, court documents, police records, rehabilitation documents, character references, and other forms, if the applicant has already been denied entry or removed from the country.

The standards imposed by the Department of Homeland Security are extremely high, and omitting a single document or detail can cause the entire application to be rejected. This is where Pardon Pros come in. We provide stress-free US entry waiver application completion to get you across the border as soon as possible.

You should apply for a US entry waiver if:

  • You have been refused passage at the border
  • You have worked illegally in the US
  • You have overstayed a previous trip (more than 6 months) without status
  • You have been charged with or convicted of a criminal offence in Canada
  • You have been deported from the US
  • You have been caught at the border with narcotics, contraband, or fraudulent documentation

These are the most common reasons for obtaining a US entry waiver. However, many people don’t realize that they are inadmissible to the US until a border guard denies them entry.

Entry into the US

Depending on the reasons for your denial of entry into the US, and if you belong to a class of nonimmigrants who are not required to produce a visa—such as Canadian citizens or nonimmigrants with the right paperwork who subsequently become admissible—you may be allowed to apply in advance of your travel to the CBP (Customs and Border Protection) for a temporary waiver of inadmissibility.

If you want to submit the waiver application yourself, you should complete forms I-192 and G-325A and submit them. Alternatively, we can make the application on your behalf by completing form G-28. The Admissibility Review Office (ARO) will then review the application and either grant or deny you entry into the US.

It takes between 6 and 12 months to get a US entry waiver, from fingerprinting, to checking your criminal record, to collecting supporting documents, to getting a response on the submitted application.

The supporting documents required by the Department of Homeland Security include:

  • Proof of Canadian citizenship: government issued ID, passport, driver’s license, citizenship or permanent resident card, birth certificate, or any other official document
  • Letters of reference
  • Proof of rehabilitation, such as drug test results, evidence of counselling, etc.
  • Confirmation of employment or income
  • Personal statement or explanation of your reason for inadmissibility, purpose of visit, ties to Canada/US, etc.

Most US entry waiver applications are successful. You will be issued a waiver that’s valid for between 6 months and 5 years. After the expiry of this period, you will be inadmissible to the US again until you renew the waiver. Like every other step in the application process, waiver renewal takes time, and should be done before expiry to avoid any inconveniences.

If you have an urgent need to be in the US and can’t wait for the waiver to be processed, we can help you obtain a Porte Parole from US Customs and Border Protection that allows you to enter the US temporarily. This option is only available for emergency medical treatments, urgent humanitarian reasons, and for the attendance of the funeral of a close family member.

At Pardon Professionals, our founders have lived through the process of obtaining a record suspension and know how daunting and stressful this process can be. We provide professional, efficient, trusted and expert service without judgment so that you can obtain a waiver or pardon as quickly as possible. We set your mind at ease with customer-centric service and easy-to-understand, direct information at your fingertips. Begin the process of clearing your record today with our help.

Certified Criminal Law Expert for

© 2019 Canada Pardon Services -
All Rights Reserved. Terms and Conditions.
Powered by TechWyse